One Pan Burrito Bowl meal
Recipe from Savor Life Wellness
This Mexican flavored burrito bowl meal is simple and delicious. Top if off with your favorite garnishes like tomatoes, avocado, guacamole, salsa, sour cream or Greek yogurt. Makes 8 servings, but it's easy to half it if you want. The larger quantity is great for freezing extras or using it as multiple meals to reheat later. Portion fix equivalents are noted below.
- 4 bell peppers, diced
- 2lb lean ground meat (used ground turkey) or chicken
- 2 (14.5oz) can of diced tomatoes or 1 qt home-canned tomatoes
- 1 cup of quinoa (or brown rice)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1.5 cup of cheese (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
Saute meat until cooked through. Drain meat if needed.
Add peppers and diced tomatoes and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Add quinoa (or rice), broth, beans, corn and spices. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes (or follow directions on your quinoa) until cooked through.
Remove from heat, add cheese (optional--we didn't even use it), and cover again for 5 minutes if using cheese.
Adjust seasonings to taste. Top with fresh cilantro, green onion, or other favorites and serve!
1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1 YELLOW, 1/2 BLUE
Print as PDF - Coming Soon