Dark Chocolate zuchinni brownies
Recipe from Cleanfoodcrush.com - by Rachel Maser
We are total chocoholics and brownies are our weakness, so it's nice to have a healthier recipe to indulge in some of the time. These brownies are the perfect treat...ooey-gooey and chocolate-y good.
- 1/3 cup + 1 heaping Tbsp, all natural peanut, or almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey, or pure maple syrup grade 'b'
- 1/2 cup unsweetened all-natural applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini (skin left on)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
Spray 8x8 brownie pan with nonstick spray, or wipe pan with coconut oil.
Pulse oats in blender or food processor until finely ground.
Using mixer, cream peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla till smooth. Add zucchini, cacao powder, ground oats, baking soda, and sea salt; mix until combined.
Stir in half of the chocolate chips. Pour batter into baking pan and sprinkle remaining chips on top.
Bake for 23-25 minutes.
Cool before slicing into squares.
Print as PDF