Italian stuffed zuchinni
Recipe from Cleanfoodcrush.com - by Rachel Maser
These stuffed zuchinni are seriously delicious. We have made a batch of the filling and had extra, so that is easy to freeze and then just pull out at a later date and add to zuchinni. A simple first meal and even easier leftover meal that is helpful for weeks when you are so busy that you can't cook or meal prep in advance.
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, most of flesh scooped out.
- 1 lb lean ground meat of choice (Turkey, OR Grass Fed Beef/Bison are all great!), browned, & drained well
- Sea salt and pepper
- Small diced yellow onion
- 3 diced small stalks of celery
- 1 green bell pepper, diced very small
- 4-6 mushrooms diced small
- 1-24 oz glass jar of all-natural Marinara sauce. (look for lowest sugar content, & minimal ingredients, or make your own). Glass jars are best for store bought tomato sauce.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp dried or freeze dried Italian herb blend.
Optional Garnish to be added after cooking:
Fresh Parsley, or Italian Parsley as garnish.
Fresh parm, or mozzarella cheese is optional.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine all ingredients (besides zucchini, and garnish options) in a large saute pan after meat is cooked, and drained. Heat ingredients through, while combining/stirring gently.
Carefully scoop hot mixture generously into zucchini halves.
Place filled zucchini boats on a flat sheet pan. (parchment lined to prevent sticking)
Bake in your preheated 375 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. If topping with cheese; do so during the last 3-4 minutes of cook time.
Print as PDF