Dark Chocolate Caramel Cups
Recipe from Savor Life Wellness & Caramel from Pinch of Yum
Print as PDF - Coming Soon
You'll love this healthier remake of peanut butter cups! Our littles don't all love nut butter, so I made them with a healthier caramel instead, but you can easily substitute your favorite nut butter for the caramel by using 1/2 cup nut butter mixed with 2 tablespoons raw honey.
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup & 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Sea salt, vanilla or cinnamon to taste
*Substitute caramel by using 1/2 cup nut butter mixed with 2 tablespoons raw honey
1. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan. One batch made about 8 for me. It may vary depending how thick you like them to be.
2. Melt the the dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 45 seconds or use a double boiler. Add 1 tsp vanilla and mix.
3. Pour or spoon a bit of chocolate into the bottom of the liners to cover them and then freeze for 15 minutes.
4. Pour or spoon caramel or nut butter into the cups and freeze for 5 more minutes.
5. Pour or spoon the rest of the chocolate on top. Freeze 45 minutes. Top with a pinch of sea salt if desired.
Caramel Filling from Pinch of Yum
1. Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together in a glass container for 1 minute. Whisk in the almond butter for about 30 seconds until fully incorporated and very smooth.