Savorite Simple Summer Snack
Perfect Savorite Summer Snack to simply make how you and your kids like it best!
We're always looking for simple snacks the kids will eat well and enjoy. They are just snacking machines!
But it can be tricky to find ones that fit what they want and what I want for them (less processed/packaged especially if we're at home).
What they want: Tastes good!
What I want: Tastes good, protein mixed in, low to no refined sugar, easy to make!
Here's one that fits all that plus it's the perfect hotter weather snack, and my kids have been hollering for cold foods this week as the days warm up.
Frozen Yogurt Bark!
My girls have played with some different options to sweeten it and are passing them on here for you to try. But truly this is one that you can change up and make your own. Use whatever fruits, nut butters, or toppings that sound good to you.
We've played with chocolates and blueberry swirl so far. Here's a sample recipe below for you to try and make your own.
- 1 cup yogurt of choice (we use plain Greek yogurt. You can use dairy free or yogurt of choice though that will impact taste and sweetness)
- 1.5 Tablespoon Raw Honey
Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper. Stir the honey into the yogurt. Spread it onto the parchment paper so it's a 1/4 inch or so thick. Place into the freezer for several hours or until desired texture. Break apart or use a knife to cut. Enjoy!
Tips and other Sweeteners, Toppings to Try
- We always make this in a bigger batch -- at least a triple or quadruple and that fits well on a baking sheet.
- The girls have pureed 1/4 cup thawed frozen blueberries (per cup of yogurt) and dolloped it onto their spread out yogurt. Then swirled it in for a pretty look and yummy addition. You could add a nut butter like this too.
- Top with bits of frozen fruit, nuts, seeds, or chocolates. Simply spread around before you put it into the freezer.
- Other sweeteners they've used in place of raw honey (these are all used per cup of yogurt):
- Maple Syrup - 1.5 Tablespoons
- Monkfruit (Classic type) - 2 Tablespoons
- THM Gentle Sweet ( Stevia and erythritol blend) - 2.5 Tablespoons
We hope you make this and enjoy it! Take a picture, share it with us and tell us your savorite way to make it!